Today was a great start to a forecasted two day event for severe weather across the Canadian Prairies. Several tornadoes were reported in central Alberta this evening. Stories and photos are just starting to come across the wire.
Global TV Edmonton
Also, as a treat we got to watch our first live stream of a storm chaser on the storm near Red Deer just as reports came in from RCMP of a tornado near Inisfail, AB watch and click on the highlights.
This just in:
Bergen Tornado - July 7th, 2011
and so much more posted on facebook, yahoo and twitter...
Tomorrow: Possible Moderate Risk Area centred over Weyburn, Saskatchewan. Many chasers headed to the area including Discovery Channel, @stormpics @FindTheTornado @reedtimmerTVN @xtrmtorndotours @canadogreg and likely many more...
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by Wascana Lake in Regina or up north at Pratt Lake. Generally, I spend more time tracking storms from home and sharing forecasts and great footage on Twitter which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, Sea Of Thieves and Fortnite with live streams on Twitch.tv/JaredSkStorm Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared