|2002 was the year that I decided to keep a camera with me all the time and found myself catching some pretty good stuff for an amatuer. Clearly the quality of my photography was greatly improved with the new digital camera purchased after the "June 17" pictures.|
Note: All of these photographs were taken by Jared Mysko. Hi-resolution prints are available upon request. Enjoy...
Dust Bowl 2002: Two pictures of a dust storm that lasted about 20 minutes in Saskatoon on May 29, 2002. Notice the trees how they are bent over in the second picture. There is only about 30 seconds between each picture!
Tornado touches down near Langham then heads towards Martinsville. This picture is from just north of Martinsville after the tornado warning was issued. This was a particularly scary situation since I was nearly blown off the highway in a violent dust storm just before taking this picture!
Sunrise on highway #16
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.Once storm season comes to an end in August, gaming season then begins. Find me on Twitch.com/jaredmysko playing non-violent games like Forza and FIFA.Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared