Monday, August 20, 2012
Severe Weather Forecast This Week - Storms On Wednesday?
As the weather continues to warm up this week, temperatures will peak at 31C on Tuesday and Wednesday in Regina with 33C in Swift Current and Moose Jaw on Tuesday. Storms currently in the central Alberta foothills should begin to develop further south and east into much of southern Alberta on Tuesday. Wednesday could be Saskatchewan's turn to see thunderstorms, possibly severe, tornadic unlikely. It should clear out Thursday while maintaining temperatures in the high 20s giving another peak, then big drop in heat on Friday night when the chance of stronger storms is likely in parts of southern Saskatchewan. We will monitor this situation as it develops. It has been a very calm August thus far in Saskatchewan and that could change since no hurricanes or tropical storms have taken off yet in the Atlantic and storms in the southern states are dissipating. Its gotta storm somewhere!
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by Wascana Lake in Regina or up north at Pratt Lake. Generally, I spend more time tracking storms from home and sharing forecasts and great footage on Twitter which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, Sea Of Thieves and Fortnite with live streams on Twitch.tv/JaredSkStorm Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared