In the event of giant sized monster beast type tornadopoliptic twister funnelling cyclones, take immediate tornado emergency precautions. If your ears pop, lightning intensifies exponentially, wind goes calm suddenly:
Note: These rules apply from generations handed down over the years of living on the farm. City people could learn a thing or two from this list. (from the only kid born in a city lol)
- If you have time, secure all possible flying debris, bring in lawn furniture, equipment such as rakes, hockey sticks, potted plants, bikes. Put all major livestock in the barn such as cows and horses. Dogs go in the house, cats stay outside.
- Close all windows
- Lock and secure all doors, inside and out. Every bedroom, every closet, shut all doors.
- Put on a helmet
- Lie down in the tub (no running water during lightning)
- Get to the safest room in the house (no windows, basement under stairs or inner most room)
- Hold onto something solid.
- Pray to God.
- Remember everything will be fine even when it looks like it will not.
- When on a highway driving, do not use overpasses as shelter! Stay on paved roads, keep steady, safe movement. Avoid grid/clay/mud roads. Time your travel with the weather radar if possible so as to avoid the core of severe thunderstorms. Do not impede traffic. Keep vehicle in a garage or underground parking lot during hail storms.
|Jared Mysko - New Storm Gear|