Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good weather?

I just wanted to make a post just for the sake of wasting more pixels. Maybe today would be a good day for a bike ride. I can see some convective clouds on the radar so I would like to get a good view. Living in Caswell really is nice with very little wind but I can't see the horizon from here, thats for sure. Even if I stood on my roof (or put a cam there) it is impossible to see west of here due to the trees and the fact that we are on a down-slope. It brings back memories of 1986. June 1st was the craziest day of my life when a tornado went over our house in Lawson Heights. I still have my doubts as far as what direction it came from but Lawson Heights is very open with big parks and the river valley. I think Caswell is safer but hopefully I did not just jinx it!

Jared The Weather Worrier (hmm, my spell checker says that really is a word, lol)

No comments:

About Me

My photo

Storm & Wildlife Photographer.
NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm Caster
Relay Of Severe Weather Alerts/Reports

Retail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay Company

Kayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!

I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.

Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.

Once storm season comes to an end in August, gaming season then begins. Find me on Twitch.com/jaredmysko playing non-violent games like Forza and FIFA.

Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!

Jared