Wednesday, May 09, 2007

सोमेथिंग गोइंग ओं?

I have been very sickly for the last couple of weeks with an extremely runny nose and choking cough. I suddenly woke up for "no reason" at 6am even though I should be tired since I was up very late. I checked he weather and email and went back to bed. Tossing and turning, I got up again and took a closer look at the weather.

The clouds look dangerous for this time of the day moving fast and with much moisture. Looking at CAP/CONUS, the wind speed is at maximum for 850 mb, instability is strong, temperatures are warm and humid. Wind is not the strongest, though but the forecast says a drop in temperatures and a south wind will change to westerly gusts of up to 60km/hr this afternoon with "rain". I predict a thunderstorm and a strong one at that. If anything, it could be an opportunity to get get some nice shots of thunderheads forming today. Maybe I'm just excited, I think I will go for a walk to a random coffee shop somewhere, most likely somewhere quiet with a view...hmmm.

I'll check back in at 11am. or maybe 10...

Jared

No comments:

About Me

My photo

Storm & Wildlife Photographer.
NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm Caster
Relay Of Severe Weather Alerts/Reports

Retail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay Company

Kayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!

I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.

Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.

Once storm season comes to an end in August, gaming season then begins. Find me on Twitch.com/jaredmysko playing non-violent games like Forza and FIFA.

Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!

Jared