The Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Oklahoma today has issued a "PDS" or particularly dangerous situation. The Stormtrack.org forums are buzzing with activity and it looks like it is going to be a busy day for storms on the plains. So far only hail has been reported but shear is very strong and violent tornadoes are expected this afternoon in eastern Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missori.
"This is an extremely dangerous situation"
Weather on the Canadian prairies is mixed with a heavy snowfall warning in west-central Manitoba and warm temperatures for the rest of us.
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.Once storm season comes to an end in August, gaming season then begins. Find me on Twitch.com/jaredmysko playing non-violent games like Forza and FIFA.Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared