Snow is falling once again this morning, adding to the already caked-in roads around Saskatoon. It is forecast to end later this morning but it does seem to be coming down in a heavy type fashion right now. Check our cams to see the latest accumulations.
Saskatoon Weather Cams
Also, in case you didn't notice, Environment Canada quickly changed their Monday forecast a full 7 degrees colder with the high to be -5. It is baffling to try and understand the logic or politics behind giving us a 5 day forecast that is almost always totally wrong or just way off target. A better plan might be to impliment a new system where the long term forecast is either a predictable one with a major system coming in or a total toss-up giving us a range of temperatures. For example, our forecast for Monday is for a 49% chance of snow, and temperatures somewhere between -4 and -30. If anything changes on that we will let you know. Given that formula we could say that on Canada Day, July 1st, 2006 the forecast is for tmperatures to be between +30 and +10 with a 51% chance of a severe thunderstorm.
- Weather Data Links
- Storm Discussion
- LIVE Storm Chase Feeds
- Tornado Fatalities in Saskatchewan 1898 to 1979
- June 1st, 1986 Three Tornadoes Strike Saskatoon's North End
- Education and History
- Storm Chasing/Meteorology/Weather Sites
- Risk Map Archives
- 2012 YEAR OF TORNADOES IN SASKATCHEWAN (video playlist)
- 2004 Photos
- Photos 2003
- Photos 2002
- Storm & Wildlife Photographer.NON-PROFIT Volunteer Storm CasterRelay Of Severe Weather Alerts/ReportsRetail Marketing Team - Hudson's Bay CompanyKayaking, bird watching, fishing and wildlife photography are my summer hobbies when waiting for storms. See my adventures on YouTube!I build a daily map of storm risk for the Canadian Prairies to accomplish two things. One, translate the complications of the meteorologists into something simple that the public can understand clearly. Two, become a buffer on social media to either raise the alarm and calm the masses depending on the level of hype.Storm chasing is limited nowadays to a few photo ops by the lake at Wascana in Regina or up north at Pratt. Generally, I spend more time nowcasting for chasers around Saskatchewan which saves on gas and keeps me safe in my studio/bunker.There are two seasons in my world, storm season and gaming season. April and September separate the two. I play FIFA, World Of Warships and Battlefield 1 with live streams on Twitch.com/jaredmysko Ask me about sports, I am a fan and knowledge base of all things FIFA, Premier League, CFL and NFL (yes its all football).Thanks for all the likes, shares, comments and encouragement. Stay safe and enjoy the weather!Jared